The Shark and Ray Touch Tank is temporarily closed for maintenance.
On Nov. 30, our elevator will be out of service for routine maintenance.
We apologize for these inconveniences.
When you bring your passion and expertise to the New England Aquarium team, you are helping us do important work around the world. Let’s take action for the ocean together.
See Yourself Working Here
A career at the New England Aquarium offers you great benefits and the opportunity to work in a welcoming and inclusive environment alongside colleagues who share your passion for the ocean. Areas of opportunity include:
Consider joining the talented team of scientists who provide world-class care for the animals in our collection.
Join the dynamic team that helps to ensure we have the resources we need to protect the blue planet.
Our educators engage with visitors in the Aquarium, sharing their marine science knowledge and expertise.
Join one of our front-line teams that provide exceptional service, making every visit to the New England Aquarium the best it can be.
Leverage your applied research toward developing science-based solutions to mitigate human impacts on our ocean.
We give back to our employees because they give back every day.
When you dedicate your career to the Aquarium’s mission, we dedicate our time and resources to providing you with a comprehensive array of benefits aimed at helping you maintain your health and wellness, financial security, and to achieve a work-life balance. Eligibility for various benefits is based on your employment status and the number of hours you work each week.
Your Health and Wellness
- Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance for you, your family, and your domestic partner (including same-gender partners)
- Benefits decision support tool and education
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Voluntary accident insurance
- Spring Health Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offering a suite of mental health benefits
- A flexible annual fitness reimbursement
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with a generous employer contribution
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) with a generous employer contribution
- Public transportation (MBTA) allowance and discounted parking passes
- Lifestyle savings account – quarterly reimbursement for expenses related to work arrangements
- Generous onsite employee discounts at the café, Aquarium Gift Shop, Boston Harbor Cruises, Ben & Jerry’s, etc.
- Free admission to area museums and cultural institutions
- Discounted pet insurance
- A variety of discounts provided by local and national businesses
- Options for both pre-tax and after-tax employee contributions to a 403(b) tax-sheltered annuity savings account and/or 401(a) employee retirement savings plan
- Generous employer retirement match of up to 6% of your earnings upon hire with full vesting after one year of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off (PTO) starting at three weeks for full time, two weeks for part time
- Two weeks paid sick time
- 12 paid holidays
- Leaves of absence options including paid parental leave
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe a diverse workforce provides experiences, skills, and perspectives that enrich our programs, strengthen problem-solving, add creativity, and enhance our work environment.
Explore Internships and Volunteer Opportunities
We offer volunteer and internship roles for teens, college students, and other adults throughout the school year, with opportunities in nearly every department at the Aquarium.
Learn More About Our Work
Read about the exciting work going on at the New England Aquarium and our efforts to protect the blue planet
After Innovative Treatment, this African Penguin is Thriving
"Beach Donkey" is thriving after innovative treatment for a foot condition.
How We Moved Six Cownose Rays to a New Aquarium
Learn what it takes to move animals to a new aquarium facility.