The Aquarium is located on downtown Boston's waterfront near the Financial District, Government Center, Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market and the North End.
- If you are planning a visit to Boston, the Aquarium offers great lodging deals with our partner hotels. Many are located in walking distance to the Aquarium or a short cab ride away.
- When you want to stop to eat, you have many choices. In the Aquarium, the Harbor View Cafe offers burgers, pizzas, deli sandwiches, soups, salads, beverages and snacks in a kid-friendly environment.There are no reservations and seating is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Head out on the water with a seasonal New England Aquarium Whale Watch. These three-hour excursions with our partners at Boston Harbor Cruises leave from the Aquarium's dock and take you to Stellwagen Bank, a rich feeding ground for marine animals like whales, seals, sea birds, fish and more. Buy your tickets online.
- You may also enjoy a 55-minute, historically narrated, land and water adventure with the world famous Boston Duck Tours. Now departing at the New England Aquarium starting at 4 p.m. daily.
CityPASS offers the best sightseeing value! Save 49 percent off admission to the New England Aquarium, plus four more top Boston attractions: Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, Museum of Science, Skywalk Observatory at Prudential Center, and Harvard Museum of Natural History OR RevolutionaryBoston at The Old State House. You’ll skip most ticket lines, too. Each pass is valid for nine days.
Cost: Adult $51 ($100 value), Child (3–11) $36. Purchase booklets or printable vouchers at citypass.com or at the New England Aquarium box office for the same low price.
- If you are interested in dining near the Aquarium, there are great choices right near the main building, and additional restaurants just a short walk away in Quincy Market, on the waterfront and in the North End.
- There are many Boston attractions within easy walking distance or a short subway ride away. The Freedom Trail is only a couple hundred steps away. And if you are a history buff, here's a list of amazing things that happened in Boston first!
- Boston is a great town for shopping with many districts nearby. Here's a list of the shopping destinations a short walk or subway ride away.